Saturday, September 13, 2014

Gotta Start Sometime

So, this is a work in progress right now, but figured I should probably get something started...
Well, it's a hot Saturday morning here in Long Beach and the in-laws and I are doing a yard sale.  Two and a half more weeks until Jack and I are flying to Louisiana to join my wife and start our life at Barksdale AFB.  My goal is to have my condo emptied by tomorrow night so that I can get it cleaned, painted and rented by the 1st of October.  I guess this is giving me a little warm up to get me used to packing and moving when we PCS next.
It's been a little difficult, since Jack and I are flying instead of driving...I'm having to get rid of EVERYTHING I own.  I have 2 suitcases that I'm being on the plane with me with clothes and softball gear.  I've been shipping a few things out little by little...My PS3 and headset and some other electronics, my grandmother's glasses, etc.  I have bigger boxes set aside to ship...My kitchen stuff (baking stuff, China, cookware), movies, books that I can't give up and so on.  Just as a little fyi, we searched around for moving companies, pods and everything else, and a friend suggested Greyhound.  I was like, wait, like the bus Greyhound?! So I Googled it (I absolutely LOVE Google), and sure enough, you can ship via Greyhound, and it's super cheap!  So, my heavier boxes will be going to Shreveport via Greyhound bus.
As for our house out there, we get our keys on the 26th.  Taylor has moved out if the dorms and is staying with friends that live on base as well.  We've been trying to decorate the house together, but being in different states, it's been a little hard.  We actually kinda got a little irritated with each other this morning...she's been trying to get me to pick colors, and I haven't yet.  I kind of want to be a part of decorating our first home, and she wants to have it ready for me when I get out there.  Have I mentioned that we are both extremely stubborn...
Suffice to say, I can't wait until October 1st!  We got to spend our first week married together, and then it's all been FaceTime, Snapchat and normal phone calls and texts.  It's hard being married and starting a new life together when you're almost 2,000 miles apart.  But, I am a n Air Force wife, and I need to get used to this, and suck it up and get my butt in gear and going!
Well, I guess that's kinda it for now, ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment